57. If God is omnipotent and provident, why then does evil exist?
To this question, as painful and mysterious as it is, only the whole of Christian faith can constitute a response. God is not in any way - directly or indirectly - the cause of evil. He illuminates the mystery of evil in his Son Jesus Christ who died and rose in order to vanquish that great moral evil, human sin, which is at the root of all other evils.
(CCC 309-310, 324, 400)
St. Thomas Aquinas covers this topic a lot as well!
6 Notes/ Hide
- karlitay reblogged this from radioteopoli
- karlitay likes this
- twocrowns reblogged this from radioteopoli
- twocrowns likes this
- radioteopoli reblogged this from catechismofthecatholicchurch and added:
- adamnowak reblogged this from catechismofthecatholicchurch and added:
- catechismofthecatholicchurch posted this